Friday, February 5, 2010

Where ya been?

I've been neglecting the blog; shame on me! The list of excuses...I didn't have my laptop for almost three weeks (it was sick and had to be repaired), I haven't taken a lot of pictures since Christmas, we've been a little boring - and it's been wonderful! What have we been up to, you ask? Well, a New Year's resolution was to travel less, and stay home more so we could spend time together as a family. We need it after a crazy traveling schedule in 2009! We traveled once in January to see my sister/brother in-law and attend a 1st birthday party for Giselle de Windt. Other than that, we've been parked in Wilmington on the weekend. Thank you, Lord!

Carrington continued baby gymnastic through the end of January and loves it so much that I signed her up again in February. Let me tell ya, the girl is a riot during class. She has everyone laughing and dizzy because she constantly moves and squeals from one side of the gym to the other. I need an oxygen mask after chasing her around for 45 minutes.

As I mentioned, we went to NOVA for a weekend in January. We had a lot of fun at Giselle's 1st Birthday party. The theme was "Winter One-derland" and the party had all sorts of neat decorations, food and party favors to tie it all together. Carrington knows how to get in on the action during a birthday party. There were a few times when I pointed at Aaron and said, "look at that guys kid, can't he control her"! Yes, she was that kid! The one running up to smaller children and taking their toys, jumping in the ball pit on top of them, and squealing at them with excitement - leading one little girl to break down in tears. Pray for me.

Carrington and I traveled to Myrtle Beach once in January and again this past Wednesday to watch Katy shoot some hoops. The girl has got moves and can play a mean game of basketball! You'll have to look for her in a couple years when she gets signed to a big NCAA school.
Hello February and thank you for arriving! February is one of my favorite months. Wanta know why? It's a short month unlike the forever long January, we have several family birthday's to celebrate - including mine!, it's the month of LOVE, and it means spring is almost around the corner, at least in the south. With all that said, February will be a busy month so stay tuned.
In honor of the love month
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

No comments:

Post a Comment