Monday, April 5, 2010

You called?

Carrington helps me put the laundry in the front load machines. She really likes this task and who am I to stop her. Proverbs 22:6 says it best, "train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." I like to think if I train her now, as a teen she will do her own laundry. Yes, I'm taking the verse out of context but it suits my hope. Back to the reason I'm sharing this funny moment. I wanted Aaron to see Carrington helping me with the laundry, so here's what happens...
Me - (yelling from the laundry room so that Aaron could hear me in the kitchen) "Aaron, come here so you can see this."
Aaron - (no response)
Me - (a little louder this time) "Aaron, come here."
Carrington - (as loud as she can) "Haron"!!!
Aaron - (not missing a beat) that's Dada to you, missy!
Guess the next time I need Aaron, I'll make sure Carrington yells for him. For the record, this is the first time Carrington has tried to say his name. It was just precious and hysterical all at the same time! An 'A' was replaced with an 'H' but she made up for it in emphasizing that he needed to get in the laundry room, immediately. I love that she is mimicking now but we are definitely going to have to watch what we say!!

No comments:

Post a Comment