Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Island Time - St. Croix

I could live my life on vacation! (I guess that's why living so close to the beach suits me just fine.) With that said, Aaron and I celebrated our sixth anniversary in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands. It was my first time to the Caribbean Sea where white sandy beaches and clear water surround you. Our resort was perfect for a get-a-way that consisted of a lot of R&R. Tucked away on the island and secluded in the mountains; we spent many mornings sleeping in, lazy days by the pool and beach, and naps and leisure time watching movies in our hotel room. Meals were not interrupted by little people and eaten slowly so we could enjoy every bite. Tours of the island, visits to the town, a trip through the rain forest, an amazing snorkeling excursion too see up close the colorful fish and coral, and a little libation fun at the Cruzan Rum factory were thrown in for excitement.

The thing I enjoyed most...spending six days with my husband! I got him all to myself and I was thankful for every minute he was next time me!!! 

 Only picture taken together and it was snapped right as we were leaving vacation.
 Governor's House - Virgin Island Architecture
 Cruzan Rum Distiller - The holding tank where rum sits in the barrels for years.

 Marine Life

 Taking up post
 Lucky baby - He/She got to come with us on vacation! (Seven months pregnant)


 Our toes spent lots of time in the sand.
 Papaya tree
 View from our room.

No comments:

Post a Comment