Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Birthday Party fit for a Princess!

I love a third birthday! Carrington made it loads of fun this year which totally helped me feel good about things since I didn't sound the horns, channel my inner Martha Stewart (who am I kidding), and spend sleepless nights wondering how I could make every detail perfect. Making this birthday extra special was all Carrington's doing!
She was into turning three from the minute I started mentioning her birthday. She'd tell anyone that asked how old she was, that she was about to be three. And, move her fingers from two to three. I realized real quick that I could feed her broccoli with a candle on top and wrap up a brick with birthday paper and ribbon just as long as we called it, Her Third birthday! Who could do that to their sweet, innocent daughter though.
So, Princess themed birthday party, sign her up. Not a bad idea for the mom either. Do you know how much Princess stuff they have at Wal-mart!! Princess umbrellas, slippers, coloring books, dolls, hooper balls, games, books, underwear, plates, napkins - you name, they got it. I would know because we have it all now! Suggest having the party at an indoor jumpy house, the dare devils eyes just about bugged out of her head. Bet you can't guess how many times I got asked if "today" was her birthday party. Last, tell her that her family, and friends from Wilmington would be there. Who would have thought moving her to PA, locking her inside for a year, and not providing her the opportunity to see family and friends on a regular bases would cause so much excitement at the mention of human contact being present for her birthday. (Alright, alright, I write the blog so I get to insert my feelings sometimes.) You get the picture, this birthday was a script made for the story books!
Here are the highligths...


Princess Carrington
She got to pick out her cake. I think it turned out wonderful!
The decorations! Yep, don't blink cause you'll miss them.
Little Brian in action.
Love that Katy has no idea her sister is giving her rabbit ears. Such a classic picture!
All aboard the fire engine.
Grayson getting his first ride down a blow up slide.And, they are off! I had a hard time getting any pictures of the kids in action. They all moved so quickly that the pictures turned out fuzzy.
Cooling off and rehydrate. Family photo - it'll work but certainly not a favorite. Yes, Aaron and Grayson had matching shirts. I later regretted the decision and will not make them do that again. Hence the reason I didn't have Aaron hold Grayson!
Birthday cake time.Make a wish, Princess!
I find this guy a little frightening and so did some of the kids.
sweet little Madison
The Birthday girl and her handsome little brother would like to thank everyone for coming to Carrington's 3rd Birthday Party!
I'm going to sneak the actual birthday in this blog too. November 3 was spent waking up to breakfast pancakes with sprinkles, playing at the house, and then heading to Wilmington for a surprise at Toys R Us and dinner with our family of four. You tell a little girl that there is a surprise waiting for her at Toys R Us and she's going to tell you that she isn't taking a nap. There is no time for a nap with that kind of suspense waiting!! Funny, she fell asleep in the car before Grayson did!
The surprise!!!She wanted a, you guessed it, Princess bike but I had to draw the line somewhere. The Minnie bike was much cuter and more her size.
Grayson is putting in his first birthday order for a hot red car!
Birthday dinner on the water. Who needs Chuck E Cheeses or McDonalds when they can sit by the water and watch the boats go by. Maybe I never mentioned those two places as an option but this water child was content!
She hadn't seen Aaron in a couple of days so it was a love-fest for these two!
Ice cream with toppings (really it's yogurt). Yes, please!
Notice Grayson staring down the sweet treat in both photos. You should hear him squeal when you can't shovel it in quick enough between bites.
Enter the Barbie phase. MeMe has it covered and provided Carrington with Barbies that my sister and I use to play with, and some new ones to add to the collection.
Madison is playing birthday present patrol woman! Don't come near her!
Love these kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment