Friday, June 11, 2010

You make me smile...

The girl has been full of herself lately so I thought I would share.

A few weeks ago my family was here. We were all eating dinner and Aaron was telling everyone how he is "Hill-a-beans", I'm "Queen Bean" and Carrington is "Sugarbean". That prompted my mom to say, "if mama ain't happy than nobody is happy". Carrington decided that was the perfect time for her to reply with a "YES", for the first time in her entire life. We were all rolling! My mom said the statement again and Carrington replied, again, with a "YES". We haven't heard her say "yes" since so at least she knows when its crucial to speak up.

Our child has turned into a Monkey. It was once all about climbing on everything (which she still enjoys) but now she has turned to swinging on everything. First it was the back of the lawn chair while I was sitting in it, then it was the edge of the table by holding on and swinging her feet back and forth, tonight it was her swing set, off the edge and over the rock wall.

Her face looks like she taken to participating in amateur boxing. It's been a rough week of keeping her feet on the ground instead of her face. On Monday, she was helping Aaron load bikes into the car. They were taking them off the back porch, and she was standing on the steps. Bear decided he needed to get out of the way and in the process pushed Carrington down the steps, face first. On Tuesday, I wanted to see if she was ready to stand on the step stool and help me cook. The next thing I know, she is going head first over the top. This afternoon, she was running the speed of a cheetah, in the house, and landed face first on her lip (first busted lip), and tonight, she went face first down the rock wall on her swing set. Maybe it's time for one of those head mask thingys that boxers wear.

Shopping at the Walmarts...Carrington, you want to go shopping. She replies by saying "please" and making the sign language motion for "please", and runs straight for the front door. Walking into Walmart tonight I asked her..."would you like to get a toy?" I didn't think she would put two and two together. Boy was I wrong! She looked right at me and said "please, please, please and was signing "please" as fast as she could. I said ok, we can pick out a toy. I honestly thought that would be the end of it. Nope, two seconds later, and the entire ride to the toy section she repeated, "toy, toy". Once we got to the toy section, she pulled at the buggy belt and asked to get out. So what did she get...a Mickey Mouse stuffed animal. Her first Mickey Mouse!!

No comments:

Post a Comment